1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice On Landing An SID Gig

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

2. nibs price

nibs price Member

I was too busy to look them up at the time :D

I gotta add that baseball got the shaft from me just because they played so damn many games and they sucked balls.

3. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

There's a D-III school in my town, and the SID has little staff except for student assistants. Last I knew, the position paid between the $20-$25k range. It's a private institution.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that doesn't sound viable to me.

5. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

^^^
    I live in a depressed portion of America.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd be depressed too on $25K.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

definitely not recessioned.

8. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

OK, I need some help here pronto.....

Today I am talking to the SID at a major D-I school about an asst SID job (would be handling women's basketball primarily, also women's golf). I know the SID from covering football and basketball games at his school. I've only done that a few times a year. My primary beat was MLB before being "downsized."

Anyway, what do you think I should ask the SID today? What do I need to tell him to convince him that I can do the job? Do I want to do the job?

Draft saved Draft deleted