1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advice on buying an elliptical and treadmill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's not me. That's another poster who came on the scene while I was taking a vacation without pay.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. It's PW2 that likes to get his treadmill liquored up before a good pounding.

I get you guys confused. Same condescending arrogance, and same desire to spike the football, and do a dance in the end zone after scoring a touchdown.

I'm surprised I haven't made that mistake previously.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No condescension from here when it comes to PW2. That guy is top-notch.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Added benefit of working out at home is that you are not picking up germs of public gym equipment. Each piece
    a germ factory.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

that link is helpful.
    thanks

We'd like to get a treadmill. I prefer the elliptical at the gym, but the home versions are out of our price range, and the other person in the house doesn't like using the elliptical.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

In regard to what Dick said, when I was going to the gym regularly, I completely stopped having allergy problems and no longer needed the daily acid reducer for my reflux. Now that I have been off the wagon for a bit, all of that is back. Time to get back to work in the new year.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My wife has been pretty good about working out for six or seven months now. It's basically for her. I usually do the bike two or three times a day (at least) for 20 minutes a pop. That way I don't get bored and, as you said, my ass doesn't get sore!

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The one we're getting is basically the same as the NordicTrack Commercial 1750. Different name so Sears can say they sell it exclusively. But it's a NordicTrack, too. I can always use the Marriott elliptical when I'm on the road. I'm going to pass on that right now. I like some of the other ideas, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted