1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advertiser gets editor canned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's OK Fen. I'll come up with something before we have to notify Guinness.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This reminds me of the one about the clown at the Donner Party crash site.

Make-goods because they run stories that don't explicitly defame or damage a specific company? Can't wait for the restaurants in that area to band together and start a class-action suit against the Pennyshopper because they run stories about diet and exercise in the lifestyle section.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't come as a surprise, but I still get ticked every time when I read something like this.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I experienced the same thing about my paper a few years ago. It was horseshit to say the least.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I posted this on the Black Press group for Facebook (former employee of the chain, I am) but it has since been erased ... guess they need to toe the company line, even on Facebook.

Of course, it wasn't deleted before one of the chain editors had a chance to come on and say the story had no news value to begin with.

Company crack ... it's gooooooooooood.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Seriously, anyone wonder whether the real powers that be in the newspaper industry (extending to the idiots on Wall Street) are doing company crack from profits? (or the pocket book of you and me?)

Draft saved Draft deleted