1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventurous eaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 19, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I once had them deep-fried, along with conch fritters and the like. A friend went out frog-gigging regularly, so they were always fresh.

2. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

JR: The descendants of Clan MacRoberts appear unable to produce an edible haggis. Sausage, on the other hand, is something of a specialty, particularly a dove/pheasant/goose concoction that pairs well with a Cab and a roaring fire.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'll see your cab and raise you a dram of Talisker.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I used to make venison sausage rolls. I should find out if can get ground venison sausage around here.

5. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

I can/will/have tried just about everything you can imagine. The only thing I have ever drawn the line on was head cheese. Just couldn'e handle it.
    I enjoy beef liver, but the key to enjoying it is to slice it as thin as possible before cooking. That gets rid of the raunchy taste and gives it more of a roast beef taste.
    An A+++++ on the Greek food, RossLT. Just mentioned (on the "Picky" thread) how my grandmother bixed brains and eggs and it was GOOD!

6. Flash

Flash Guest

I can't eat blue cheese.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Cool. Can I have yours? :D

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love venizon.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I've eaten rattlesnake and chipmunk.

Even had a moth-eating contest around a bug light.

I just finished reading "Shark's Fin & Sichuan Pepper: A Sweet-Sour Memoir of Eating in China" by Fuchsia Dunlop. She's a BBC correspondent that went to China to study and ended up going to a culinary school there and has written regional Chinese cookbooks. She eats almost everything. It's a good read, but the last chapter has a hurry-up-and-finish feel to it.

Earlier, I read "Shameless Carnivore" by Scott Gold in which he writes about trying 31 different kinds of meat (species) in as many days. The read was okay.

10. jello042

jello042 New Member

I once ate a dead frog when I was a kid. However the craziest thing I ever seen anyone eat was when I saw some Japanese guy eat an actual live fish on his plate.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Yew betcha!

But the Goose had better serve hot wings with a side of ranch.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I ate a big red candle.

Draft saved Draft deleted