1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventurous eaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 19, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Cuban food is amazing. I dated a Cuban girl in college and she loved to cook all the traditional dishes from her country and almost every one was amazing.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The 911s at UDel?

One of my buddies ate a piece of cat shit.

The weirdest thing I've ever eaten is tofu. It wasn't awful. Wasn't good either.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've had rocky mountain oysters. They weren't bad. About like any other thing you deep fry and dip in sauce, really.

I love sea urchin. Such a deep flavor of the sea.

Surprisingly, I've never had alligator, but would try it if I have the opportunity.

And, in deference to the other thread: I get all the veggies on my sandwiches at sub shops. I'm not going to pay someone $6 for bread, meat and cheese. The whole attraction, to me, is the fixin's. Except black olives. I have never understood that. I like them fine, but why on a sammy?

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ah yes, Cuban food. I eat it a lot when I'm in SoFla. Fantastic stuff. Even if you're just getting one of those pressed sandwiches and a cafe con leche.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The best Cuban food is found in SoFla. The Cuban food in Cuba sucks ass big time.

Cuba is the island that spice forgot.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

no razoo's near you?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

All pops and whistles, tx.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who opened a pizza joint back home and he made his own wing sauce. There were like four different levels, I believe...mild, hot, 911 and Death. You had to sign a waiver to get the Death sauce.

I tried some of the Death sauce on a toothpick and burst into tears immediately. Like flowing tears. I think I may have sharted as well. Then, I watched as this guy domianted about a dozen or so of those bastids. I'm surprised I didn't pass out from watching it. He barely broke a sweat.

The key? Don't lick your fingers. (That's what she said!)

9. Flash

Flash Guest

That is a vacation I want to take. Mojitos and Arroz con Pollo ... because some ingredients you just can't find at Safeway to do it at home.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I went out to dinner in Paris and had ostrich. Yummy.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not the same, but I had a kick-ass Cuban sammich in Miami last year. It was this little off the wall, family-owned joint. Great food.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

There is some good Cuban food in Vegas

Draft saved Draft deleted