1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventurous eaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Correct. That was another staple item.

Yup ... they were and are Southern types. No doubting that.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Tomato & mayo, bananas & mayo, PB & mayo. It's all good. Used to eat sliced tomatoes with a dollop of mayo on top, too. Guess we just loved mayo.
    I imagine the PB & mayo's not too good for you, though. Definitely a strange combo, and I'm not sure where it came from. Like I said, maybe an odd Southern thing. Or maybe just an "odd" thing.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I tried a McGriddles for the first time this morning. Those things are really good.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Liver, sweetbreads, brains and eggs, chitlins, deer heart (sliced and fried), menudo (smelled like shit, tasted the same), gator, domestic and game animals, frog legs, rattlesnake, sashimi (various), waterfowl (including coot gumbo), blood pudding (freshly made), fried grasshoppers, conch.

I'll try just about anything. It all goes to the same place.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I love the real tomatoes in August and September and just about anything. When I had a house and grew tons of tomatoes, I'd pretty much eat them for all three meals. Now, I'll get them at the farmer's market and take the pesto from the jar and just put it on the tomatoes. Yum, what an appetizer.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I often get funny looks when I enjoy a pineapple sandwich -- just mayo and pineapple. Sometimes I toss in a slice of cheese, but not regularly.

Draft saved Draft deleted