1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventurous eaters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Inspired by the picky eaters ... I'll eat just about anything (yeah, yeah, snicker, snicker).

I just finished a hunan tofu stirfry and I must say, I'm a wonder in the kitchen.

I've also sampled jelly fish, have barbecued shark steak, and will try just about anything once.

Greek is my cuisine of choice, but sushi, East Indian, Mexican (real, not Taco Bell), and Italian are the close runners-up.

Would love to try Ethiopian but I hear it's spicy enough to burn the lips right off the face!

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Ethiopian food is really good. I am a bit like you Flash, I like all kinds of stuff. My last serious GF was greek and she could cook. Greek food is great.

I ate Alligator at a Cajun, my personal favorite, restaurant. It was great.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm down.

I'll eat pretty much anything except a raw onion.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Exotic, in my book, is 10 pounds of crawfish, a 12-pack of cheap beer and generic paper towels.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Oooh ... alligator ... can you say it tasted similar to anything else?

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I'm also an adventurous eater. I've had alligator in the Keys and even octopus in Chinatown in San Fran. I refuse to eat liver, haggis, brains, kidneys or an type of organs like that. But I love sushi and the Middle Eastern food here is to die for.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Not really, it had a pretty original taste. Quite good, a little different texture also.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

That was the thing about jellyfish! The texture!

It's very grainy, very chewy ... real Chinese food (not American-Chinese food) is quite the adventure.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ethiopian food is great.

Jamaican food is great.

I could eat sushi for days.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would love to try Jamaican food.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Spicy beef paties, curried goat, fish soup ... all tremendous. Gorged myself on it for 6 months.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That sounds awesome, I might have to find a Jamaican restaurant here. If there are any.

Draft saved Draft deleted