1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adventureland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't really, really funny, but it had its moments. Mostly, it was just a good story that had my attention throughout the film.

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I've heard GREAT things about this movie. While most everybody else is seeing Fast and Furious (sigh), I'll be checking this out tonight.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Saw this because I refused to see 'Fast and Furious'.

I liked it, but my three friends HATED it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is Fast and Furious a sequel, or a remake featuring THE EXACT SAME CAST? I ask b/c it's the same title, and b/c I figure rock bottom for Hollywood is remaking a movie that was made this decade.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's not a remake. Just a fourth installment in the series, which should have died after the first movie.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I've heard great things about the soundtrack but the cast list (specifically the female lead) suggests that the movie itself might be a rental for me.

7. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

"The Fast and the Furious" came out in 2001.
    The newest installment is named "Fast and Furious" and, according to Wikipedia (I know, I know), is actually an interquel (hey, I learned a new word) and is supposed to take place between F&F 2 and 3, though some think it should be No. 2 in a chronological list.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm looking forward to watching this when it hits Starz. I doubt I'll pay the money to sit alone in a theater for this one, like I did with Zack and Miri.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

So the next installment in the douchebag street racing series will be named "Fast, Furious"? Then "FaFu" after that, right?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Did you see the numbers the FF interquel did this weekend? Unbelievable -- $72.5 million in three days.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/05/boxoffice.ew/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Wow. I think a key factor is that there's just nothing worth seeing out there right now. I was going to go to a movie the other day and literally couldn't find anything worth the effort in the big theaters.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

One of my co-workers who's always giving me a hard time about my taste in movies pointed out Adventureland's low box office numbers as a sign that the movie is not very good.
    Of course this guy also thinks Repo Man was a piece of shit so what does he know.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

The worst thing about this is it's going to revive the former Mark Vincent's delusions about being a believable action film star.

Draft saved Draft deleted