1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced insomnia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The car is coming to take me to the airport in less than 4 hours, yet here I sit. As always. Could have gone to bed hours ago, but didn't. Even though I was exhausted even then. As always. I just don't get it.

I blame much of it on the job, so I assume I am not alone in this affliction. Who wants to share?
  2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I cant sleep either
  3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have a miserable time falling asleep. I get off work at 1:30, and I usually don't go to bed till at least 4, and often I don't actually fall asleep until 6 or so. I can empathize but have no practical help. Other than alcohol before bed; that helps me sometimes.
  4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Find myself staying up later (or earlier) for no reason all the time. Almost feel like I'm gonna miss something. Yet, I sleep so far into the day, I probably miss more stuff going on by staying up instead of just going to bed and getting up earlier.

Edit: I don't even think that made sense now that I read it.
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think this site has a lot to do with my insomnia.
  6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You all need to masturbate more.
  7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Hold on
  8. ArnoldBabar

If masturbation caused sleep, this site would be a ghost town.
  9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm actually being serious. It should at least help. Clears the mind, sheds some tension and anxiety.
  10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've seen the sun rise too many times in my life. Including last night, for that matter. Doesn't help that I'm trying to finish a biography that I've been working on nonstop the last three weeks. It's fun, and it's torture. That's what causes the insomnia.
  11. dargan

dargan Active Member

12. ArnoldBabar

How many times have I told you, nobody will read the story of your life?
Draft saved Draft deleted