1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced Athletic Training Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Supershadow, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You know JDV, I claimed to be a bitch, not the board bitch. I asked where people were. I didn't ask where you were specifically or supershadow. I asked where people were. Also, if you haven't gotten the clue, I read just about every thread on the board and most of them are read late at night. That's fine, though. Attack me all you want. I've asked my questions of you and you skirted around them, claiming I was baiting you. I was asking questions. That's all. If you wanted to prove yourself to be all you claim to be, you could have answered them.

As far as Doc goes, yeah, the picture was photoshopped. I don't think anyone questioned whether or not it was photoshopped. It was meant to be a JOKE. It was no different than the Wheaties boxes, Summers Eve box, or the Idiots Guide to JDV.

Don't come on here and tell us to keep our relationship b.s. elsewhere. For the most part, we don't keep our relationship stuff on the board. He only sticks up for me when something is over the top and I stick up for him if something is over the top. The fact that we post on the same threads does not mean we are sticking up for one another. We mention each other just as others mention their spouses or significant others and just as you mention this magical "woman" you have.

So get off your fucking high horse and realize you're not better than anyone. You're trying to big-time everyone on this board and your few weightlifting titles don't amount to much more than squat on this board compared to some of the accomplished journalists who post here. I'm pretty sure you don't see them wandering around on the board big-timing everyone else.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Besides weightlifting sucks giant donkey balls.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I reiterate.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Perhaps I'm an idiot (Shaddap!), but I didn't take the map thing by Doc as a joke at first...but then again I didn't see JDV's original map score post. :-[

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Trouser an idiot . . . NEVER :D

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That doesn't make you an idiot. I probably should have worded it to only include those who saw him post it in his side saddle.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

SC...you must've missed my parenthetical :)

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

This is what happens when you use a goofball (SS) for your own ends, spup. I tried to warn you about this, but you just did your own thing.

Stop trying to play the victim or claim the moral high ground here. You just figured you could dump on JDV at will, and it came back to bite you in the backside when SS made himself (and you, by implication) look like the clown that he is.

You did not "ask questions, that is all." You asked loaded, leading questions after you snooped around and tried to dig up some dirt. JDV certainly doesn't need to answer your questions to retain the titles he earned, much to your apparent surprise. He is what he says he is, no matter if you like the way he says it or not. Too bleeping bad. You don't have to like him, but don't try to smear what he has accomplished, which is a hell of a lot more than I have, or you have, for that matter.

I said it before and I'll repeat it again: You don't know jack about powerlifting, and your Googling and your attempts to use intermediaries (SS) has, predictably, gone down in flames. If you try it again, you'll suffer the same fate. Give it a rest.

Here's something you're sorely lacking: The ability to know when you're beat and the ability to own up to your mistakes (like the mistake of enabling SS). Ask your fiance about this: I came on this board and yelled and screamed a lot early, but when I realized I fucked up, I admitted it. Doc was kind enough to help me do that. Here's my question to you: Will you be able to be mature enough to do that? I mean, don't skirt the question or anything. After all, I deserve an answer, right?

As far as you and Doc sticking up for each other, good. You should. Now hopefully you'll understand why I stick up for someone who has been in my family for 35 years. Or why I don't go for attempts to try to turn me against him.

JDV did not start the thread about the map game. He just came in, kicked the crap out of the game, and posted he did. Nobody believed him, so he posted the score. Big bleeping deal. You see, his veracity was attacked, so he struck back. And - imagine this - he did it WITHOUT having to use Photoshop.

You see, he actually GOT that score. Just like he earned his titles. Just like he trained McGwire. Just like he has a JD from Berkeley, etc.

Don't confuse the messenger with the message, or the truth value contained therein.

You don't like JDV, fine. I get that. I understand that. You think I haven't seen this movie before?

But don't think that you're going to 'pose' BS questions, make Photoshopped douche boxes, bring on idiotic personages (SS), etc. to try to slime or demean my brother - falsely, mind you - and then try to act surprised and shocked - shocked! - when someone calls you on your crap. Uh-uh, that's not happening.

Not to my family, it's not. I don't say much anymore when people say stuff about JDV. I don't have to, because most of it is along the lines of "he's an idiot." That's fine. But cherrypicking 'sources' who have known grudges against JDV, because you happen to be upset that day or whatever, that's not happening. And you see the fruits of your labor - you're in damage control mode from a jerk who shouldn't be here (SS) in the first place.

To you, it's a game. You can sit back and "wait for the showdown" you helped to create.

To me, it's puerile and infantile. And it has consequences. Hopefully you're starting to understand that now, as you clean up SS's mess.

If Doc can say "Fuck off, asshole" to someone who says something as innocuous as "Film at 11" when you post "I'm a bad, bad girl," you damn well better understand it is my right (and JDV's) to defend my brother from your attempts to 'win the board over' with your lame Jedi Mind Trick gambits.

I hate girls at bars who start fights and then sit there and say 'Who, me?' Yeah, you. Cut the sh*t, now. You think you can be a bitch? You haven't seen the half of it from me, or from JDV. You don't like JDV, great. YOU took this way off the road with your Googling,'sourcing' and 'legitimate questions.' Own that, and move on.

You and Doc aren't the only ones who get to determine what is and is not a joke here. I think your questions are a joke. I think Doc's Photoshoppings are a joke. Your POV is not the only relevant one here. Keep that in mind.

Here's another question: Let's see if you or Photoshop can beat JDV's map score. I'll but a large sum of money that you can't, either of you. I was on the phone with JDV while he got the score, and I know how fast the 'dings' were going for the correct answers.

Stick to the 'You're an idiot' flames. When you try to get on YOUR moral high horse ('my legitimate questions, ...'), then you're off track, and you will fall in my crosshairs. No one's falling for your tricks, like I tried to tell you before.

JDV is what he says he is. Don't try to dispute that. You'll fail.

Again.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So why don't you crown his ass? Or better yet -- just make it official and blow him. You're already doing an admirable job.

I have siblings as well, RokSki, whom I love. But there's a world of difference between having and expressing love for your family and pimping their accomplishments on a message board and serving as their hatchet man. Don't you think it's kind of ridiculous for your brother to come on here saying, "174 IQ, big dick, pulls hot chicks, your [sic] all haters, scoreboard," with you following soon after with, "I tried to warn all of you not to mess with him. My brother's a genius. Mess with him again and he'll fuck you up." Dude, you're acting like his lapdog, not his brother.

If you really think I helped you to become a more respected poster here, then do the rest of us a favor and help out your brother in that respect. He really needs it.

Regarding the Photoshopped map score. Of course it was Photoshopped. It was also a joke. I've never even taken the test. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't stoop to posting a picture of my score in my sidesaddle even if I scored 100.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Doc - I have no problem with you, and you know that. But I'm sure you appreciate my position. If you fiance continues to pretend that she 'has something' on my brother, or that my brother somehow has something to hide, or his claims are somehow illegitimate because he didn't answer to her, I'm going to do my damndest to be the biggest pr*ck in the world to her. I'm tired of this sh*t, and no one is going to sit back and say "I'm waiting for the showdown" on something she helped to create and try to slime my brother. This better stop, right now. I've taken enough of this crap.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fuck you, RokSki. I didn't help create anything. I didn't approach this supershadow person at all. I didn't start this fucking thread. I didn't egg anyone on to nail your brother's ass. I asked where the people who claimed they were going to "throwdown" were. Your brother comes after me because he thinks I'll lie down and take it. I won't. I think your brother is a joke. I've made no secret of that.

You need to quit making an ass of yourself by defending him all the time. You've become a semi-respected poster around here. You'd be more respected if you'd quit latching on to his cock every time someone asked him questions about his "titles". I didn't do anything to you. Your brother isn't innocent in this situation at all. He's made his own enemies around here. If you want to continue making the same enemies, you can keep fellating him every time he gets in a fight.

So again, I say: Fuck. You. RokSki.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

No, spup can blow you.

I don't give two sh*ts if either of you like JDV's style. So effing what. Plentyof us don't like others' styles on here. Great.

That's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about continuing to try to impugn someone's accomplishments, or credibility. Uh-uh. That's beyond the pale. You're not doing it, she is. And as long as she does, I'm going to continue to respond to her bullsh*t.

Don't play dumb, Doc. You haven't seen any flippant "Fuck off, asshole"s to a three word post, have you? Don't try that crap with me. You ought to know better than that by now.

John didn't start off with 'big dick' stuff. That was after people made about 1000 'small dick, steroids' comments. Don't conflate what happened. You might not have monitored it all, but I did.

Look, I understand. You have to stick up for the woman you intend to make your wife. That's why it makes no sense you wouldn't understand why I'm defending my blood.

Again, it's not the attack. It's the nature of the attack, the target it's aiming for (JDV's credibility). And if another one of those things happens (SS), and she sits there and eggs it on, I'm letting both barrels fly. That's horsesh*t. Not only did she not stop it, she EFFING EGGED IT ON. That's unacceptable.

There's a difference here in the types of attacks others are using and what spup is employing, and I know you know what it is. Don't pretend there isn't. I don't care what you have to say publicly, that's all gravy. This crap better stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.