1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at the pictures, but my lever of hatred for this guy is already about as high as possible:

But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

Mother fucker.

That's just a taste of what's in this article:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like LTL and I found the same article. The guy's a sick fuck.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I hope someone in Carolina media asks the Panthers this -- the Vikings acted based on a police report and an indictment, one that puts Peterson in the same stage of the legal system as Greg Hardy.

Does the report on Peterson read any worse than the report on Hardy? She says he threatened to kill her, at a time when she was getting a beating severe enough that she took him seriously.

Why does Peterson sit and Hardy play?

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm fine with punishing kids, but this is 1,000Xs wrong.
    I hope AD gets his "whuppin'" tenfold after this.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He says she was attacking him, prompting his call to 911.***

*** Could be and likely is complete bullshit, but there is your "difference", since Peterson is not claiming self-defense in an attack from the 4-year-old. Also, Peterson's charge is a felony, Hardy's a misdemeanor.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Actually, no. Hardy has already been convicted and appealed, which makes it even worse. That Hardy and McDonald are still on the field is stunning to me.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Not defending or getting in the neighborhood of defending ... but the switch thing brings back a few memories.

I remember my paternal grandmother's house having a bush all the kids called "the hickory bush." That's where our parents plucked many a switch -- there were, at various times, a dozen or so of us running wild there. If it was an especially good-weather summer -- or if my prodigal-son uncle from California happened to be visiting -- we'd be over there a bunch. By Labor Day, that damn thing would be almost dead ... but not quite. Fucker's still there.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

His "conviction" was by a judge. His jury trial is a trial "de novo", which means "anew." The appeals court holds trial as if no prior trial was held.

Might be picking nits to some, but those are the facts at hand.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bill Cartwright and Mark Eaton need to beat the shit out of AP.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yes, wasn't familiar with the exact nature of the legal system up there, but still means he is further along in the legal process than Peterson. And a judge found reason to convict him so there is something there.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yup. I grew up in the woods and if I did something really bad...I would have to go outside and "pick a switch."
    I think that was worse than getting spanked. You didn't want a whispy one...those were like getting hit with a whip. You didn't want a big one either...it would be like getting hit with a baseball bat.
    It was best to find something about the width of a wooden spoon or a tad smaller.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

is that what you do to your kids?

Draft saved Draft deleted