1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where I fall with all the different cases, but I think the teams should at least take the guys off the field in a serious accusation such as Hardy/Rice/Peterson, even if the CBA says they still have to be paid. No different than an employer putting someone on paid leave until they can take more serious action or the charges are cleared. The Vikings did the right thing.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thank God the gay guy wasn't good enough to make a roster.

That could have really been a distraction.

3. YankeeFan

Does anyone think Goodell made a tearful phone call to Dan Snyder begging him to change the team name in an desperate effort to find some good news?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

it's the court of public opinion that matters now.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Do we know exactly what the 4-year-old's role was?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

AMEN

By the way to all the defenders of due process before punishment, that doesnt apply to the NFL or their employer. THey are contractual employees and can be cut for no reason and disciplined according to the contract. Due process doesn't apply except for government actions.

He beat a 4 year old with a stick until bloody. Why? Cause Daddy said shut the fuck up or I will beat you.

He should be suspend by his employer, with out without pay, depending on what the contract says.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He has a press conference scheduled right after nap time tomorrow to apologize for his role in getting beat

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

But he pushed his sibling. Punk had it coming!

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be a one-size-fits-all approach, although I do like the FSU one with automatic suspension for felonies. (I think other schools have that too.) But I do think the teams can read -- and investigate, with their two security officials in each city who are there specifically to stay close to police -- and make some early determination about the seriousness and credibility of the charges and say "hey, this is too much heat here."

10. LongTimeListener

He might have started the whole thing by drooling on Dad. That much is unclear.

11. YankeeFan

Lawyer's statement:

Doesn't sound like much of a defense.

12. LongTimeListener

This looks like a local Houston talking head, which makes me skeptical, but it has a lot of specific information. Big revelation, the boy's scrotum was injured.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

Draft saved Draft deleted