1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought Peterson didn't even know his kids.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So punish the guy until he is proven innocent? That is a new level of stupid even for this place.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Adrian Peterson is the Ryan Braun of child abuse.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, tough call. It's a fine line between discipline and abuse. I have no tolerance for child abuse, but I was hit with a belt in my younger days. And I would bet AP's grandmother took a switch to his ass too. Not sure how to feel about this one. I know times change, but at the same time, kids need to be disciplined, to a point.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why is it automatically the default that the kid must have done something horribly wrong?

Maybe Adrian Peterson is a textbook case of someone who grew up in a horrible home, has no discipline in his own life, has barely any relationship with his many children, and is a classic abuser.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I've seen reports saying the child is 4. Which is it?

7. outofplace

If the discipline sends the kid to the doctor, I have no problem saying that is too far. I do have a problem with punishment coming before proof.

8. outofplace

Why is it automatically the default that Peterson is guilty?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He has been indicted, that means it is legally more probable than not that he committed the charged offenses. Most places of employment, especially those either public employees or in the public eye are suspended or placed on administrative leave, with pay, until the resolution of the charges. Some place you on admin leave without pay if the charges are a felony.

But lets bend over backwards for the most privileged, rich and powerful members of society, like Mr. Peterson. Lets make sure there is a public out cry if you get suspended by your private employer before the government affords you due process. Soldier on Mr. Peterson and godspeed.[Love Always, Sports Journalists]

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Was Tagliabue a better pr man than Goodell? Did players in the NFL just start acting badly under Goodell's watch?

11. outofplace

Again, you said punish him until he is proven innocent. If that was the case, you would be advocating punishment for an innocent man and you don't even realize it. That is why I called your comment stupid.

I can understand the argument for not waiting on the legal system. I don't agree with it, but it isn't completely unreasonable. Slamming the NFL for not waiting on the courts, however, is a bit unfair. And this is coming from somebody who has been slamming Goodell for his approach to player discipline for years.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ESPN is reporting the child was 4 years old.

He whipped a 4 year old, let the defenses begin. Poor AP, cant accept being dissed by a 4 year old, got to show him who is boss.

Draft saved Draft deleted