1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adopting a dog

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've got a friend of a friend who's putting up a young (1.5 years) puggle up for adoption because she's single and doesn't have time to give him her full attention. He's crate and potty trained, is healthy and current on shots and can do tricks. She doesn't want money for him -- just wants to make sure he'll go somewhere he'll be loved. I work an 8-5 job and have a friend who lives with me who could play with him/let him out when I'm not home. I'm financially at a point where I could afford a dog, too.

Is there anything I'm not thinking of here? I've wanted a puggle for awhile now, and to have a trained one needing a loving home fall into my lap seems like it was meant to be.

Thanks for any help, SJ pet aficionados.

These are some pictures of him:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, first two pitches were solid. Good heat, batter couldn't catch up to it... then you posted the last picture and JUST HUNG THE DAMN CURVE.... (I will gracefully allow someone else to hit it)...

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Very sweet looking pup. Enjoy your parenthood. You are about to discover a whole new concept of 'love.'

On the advice front, find out whether he's a chewer or not and make sure you have enough toy for him to play with or chew on. I'm lucky. Shep is not a chewer ... but my landlady has lost any number of shoes, hairbrushes, toothpaste tubes, and the like to her dog.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Well I'm an avid dog lover, so I say bring that baby home.

5. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Yep. That's destiny. Take her and love her. (The dog, that is). Is that what you meant, slappy?

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

What's up with the Fresca bottles?

7. KG

KG Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There was a dog in the last photo?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I could never not adopt a dog if I had the chance. Give this one a home quickly.

10. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Yeah, she's holding a puppy.

Come on, you walked into that one.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Slappy will gladly adopt the blonde.

As for the dog, one thing to consider is what your plan will be when you have to be out of town. That can be a huge pain to arrange.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Aye. Times 10.

Draft saved Draft deleted