1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adopted daughter: Woody Allen "sexually assaulted me"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 1, 2014.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone who wasn't present can be so sure of this, honestly. I don't think it requires a huge leap to think Woody Allen might have done exactly what she describes and it seems way too easy to write it off by saying Mia Farrow is crazy.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The nanny who was watching the girl says it didn't happen and quit. The police who investigated it say it didn't happen.

The "evidence" is the girl's story as captured on a video pieced together by her mother, and the angry insistence of her mother who was in an ugly breakup with Woody at the time. That's it. The girl was unable to repeat the accusation with anything approaching consistency with police.

Another one of Mia's daughters no longer has a relationship with her because of Mia's "brainwashing" of her children.

Mia Farrow is the same person who described Soon-Yi as borderline retarded about 3 years before Soon-Yi earned a degree from Columbia. Mia had all the kids' names legally changed to spite Woody. Mia has recently started claiming that Woody's one biological son with her might really be Frank Sinatra's kid.

Mia is fucking crazy.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mia may very well be crazy.

The incident in the attic may not have happened as described, or at all.

He may have never raped his daughter.

But, he may have been acted inappropriately. These things are very hard to prove.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

"Rampant"? I believe only one person has ever made the accusation, and I believe Connecticut law enforcement authorities previously investigated the allegation and didn't find it credible and concluded the matter was not worthy of prosecution.

Whether she's telling the truth or not none of us know, but in any event, I don't believe one person's allegation counts as "all the rampant talk."

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah I'm thinking there is no way he is Woody's kid, although I would be interested to know if Paul Newman also banged her.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ronan was on Bill Maher's show Friday night and the dude is the spitting image of his father -- Frank Sinatra.

I met Frank at his 77th birthday party at the DI in Vegas and what I remember most was how slight he was -- he was practically the size of a jockey. Well, so is Ronan...and, especially from above the mouth, he has the exact same face as Frank.

8. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I'm sort of unclear exactly what else Allen could do to "prove" his innocence in the matter.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How big is Woody?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Never knew Sinatra was vertically challenged.
    He looked about 6 feet tall on TV clips. But he was 5'8" or 5'7"?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Woodman is an imposing 5'5"

Woody is a creepy old man but it sure seems like the Farrow
    clan is going out of their way in past few months to disparage him.

There has to be a missing piece to this story.

12. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Maybe Mia Farrow planted these ideas in her daughter's head. Maybe Allen molested the girl. But it's kind of funny that you think because this was investigated, that it proves anything. You think that the investigators maybe weren't influenced by the fact that 'omg, this is woody allen?!?!?!?!' Or that, as always, the word of the man might be taken over the word of a little girl? Once upon a time ago, society turned its head and let pedophiles be pedophiles, damn the consequences.

Certainly, the investigation into matters such as these have grown more sophisticated of late.

Draft saved Draft deleted