1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adopted daughter: Woody Allen "sexually assaulted me"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 1, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Letter to New York Times, posted on Kristof's blog, says she was 7 years old when the abuse became too much to take.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

These are the accusations first made during the divorce, but she has never addressed them.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Worth remembering: it was thoroughly investigated, and detectives determined that it did not happen. The nanny quit over the false allegations.

Mia Farrow is fucking crazy, and has been telling this girl since age seven she was sexually abused.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Farrows are bat shit crazy

4. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Or the man who married his de facto daughter abused children.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She wasn't his "de facto" daughter.

The Woody-Soon Yi thing is weird by any account, but she was the daughter of his girlfriend, and he had virtually no relationship with her for the vast majority of his relationship with Mia Farrow. When he started taking Soon Yi to Knicks games she was roughly 19, and he did it because Mia wanted Woody and Soon Yi to spend time together, because up to that point they barely acknowledged one another.

Again, it was investigated and determined to be false. The girl was coached and couldn't get the story right. She said Woody touched her, and when they asked her where she said on her shoulders.

Mia Farrow is completely, certifiably insane.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, he might have touched some kids but, I mean, come on. Blue Jasmine was great, right?
    ::)
    Proof or no proof, Woody Allen is a despicable human being. The whole Soon Yi affair proves it. Blood or no blood, that girl was his daughter for 12 years and you're going to tell me that one day he just woke up and said "Well, she's 20 years old now. I guess there's nothing wrong with me deciding to pursue her romantically."
    Sure. That's what happened.
    But, hey, as long as people like his movies, let's just ignore all the rampant talk about sexual abuse from his daughter here. I'm sure it's just a 22-year-long grudge and didn't really happen. Much easier to assume all of these people are lying because they're holding a grudge than believe he did something inappropriate.
    I mean, I know everyone here believes Michael Jackson was innocent too right?

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Soon Yi wasn't his daughter. She's Andre Previn's daughter. Allen didn't actually live with Mia Farrow and they were never married. And NY doesn't have common law marriage. Doesn't mean it's not creepy. But let's not make up facts here either.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There's a pedophile in my house.

Yes, and the portions are so small.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This adds a little balance, and perspective, to the recent slinging of shit. Great read.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks this woman's claims are false have never seen a Woody Allen movie.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Two-for-one special: Mia's crazy and Woody's a creep.

12. Mia ran an orphanage rather than a traditional family, so it's not like Allen and Soon-Yi had a traditional father-daughter relationship. (And, as pointed out below, he was NOT her father in either the biological or adopted sense).

There were all sorts of reports that Mia treated Soon-Yi and Soon-Yi's sister (who died young...name escapes me) like hired help, so I don't think necessarily think it was like June and Ward Cleaver in the Farrow household.

That said, was it still weird? Yes. But not so outrageous as to automatically assume he's a child predator.

Draft saved Draft deleted