1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Admit it: You are loving Notre Dame's Bad Karma

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the stupidity or the dickiness?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Gratefruit, dog.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wow. I read the thread twice before posting that message. I must have subconsciously blocked out the illiteracy.

Thanks for correcting my idiocy, Zeke.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Notre Dame hater from way back, when my Catholic friends told me I was going to hell not only for being Protestant but for not rooting for Notre Dame. Weis and ND deserve each other.

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Hate 'em all you want. You're still going to Hell. ;)

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Word.

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Go AIRFORCE!!!

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How bad is this? The team that beat the Domers last week has given up SEVEN freaking TD passes to North Texas ... with 4:12 remaining in the second quarter.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But isn't North Texas a traditional powerhouse?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not since the days of Paul Blake and Andre Kimm
    [​IMG]

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

No, I can't say I hate Notre Dame or revel in its woes. For pete's sake, it's a football team. Save intense disapproval for the people kick puppies or something.

I grew up Catholic, went to parochial schools for 10 years and even had a family member graduate from Notre Dame during the Holtz years. So, believe me, I've seen and heard enough of it. But as I got older and (supposedly) wiser, I just looked at the facts and the history and realized they are, no matter how much hype and horseshit is out there, just another team. They're nothing special. The mystique was/is more a Baby Boomer thing, and will dissipate with time. And NBC will only ditch them when the ratings justify it.

There are plenty of arrogant football programs out there -- USC, Michigan, practically the entire SEC -- that I find far more annoying then Notre Dame.

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I guess you don't see NBC RAMMING Notre Dame down our throats every other week - when BETTER teams should be getting this exposure.

OH WAIT

they are, silly me.

They are the one Beating them like a Drum!

Draft saved Draft deleted