1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adios, Kay Bailey Hutchison

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Gone, baby, gone.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/16/hutchinson.re-election.ap/index.html

It is, apparently, no fun being in the minority.
    Texas SportsJournalists.com, is there any Democrat who can make a race of this? And who would the R contenders be? Goodhair doesn;t have a shot, does he?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't ask for anything more than Perry's career eventually laying in smoking ruins. That's the most that can be hoped for, for the ex-republic.

3. I liked this part:

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You said it, buster.

Me, me, me, me, me . . .

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do as I say and not as I do, Children.

Wouldn't being Texas governor be like retirement compared with being a senator?

Obviously, not much is required as the Shrub seemed vaguely competent in the job.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Karl Rove and the Democratic state house leader ran the state when Bush was guv. Isn't the guv position in Texas all but ceremonial?

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

My dog would have been a better governor than Rick Perry.

I would ask the question, "How in the ---- did HE get elected?" but then you could ask the same about our beloved prez.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes, most of the power is held by the Lt. Governor.

9. Legacy of reconstruction, as I recall.
    Anyone on possibilities of a successor?

10. Dedo

Dedo Member

She's probably not stepping down until the 2010 governor's race. If she wins, the governor names someone to step in for the last two years of her Senate term. That person will be able to run as a GOP incumbent in 2012. David Dewhurst, the current Lt. Gov., was thought to be a contender for the 2010 governor's race. Maybe Kay Bailey's move makes Dewhurst think about taking over her Senate seat instead? I'd guess he or Perry would have as good of a chance as anybody.

As for possible Dem challengers, no one really sticks out. Texas hasn't picked a Dem in a statewide election since 1994, and the guys running against John Cornyn in the 2008 Senate race don't provide much hope of that changing.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Kinky Friedman is a douche and real progressives should not be duped into wasting energy supporting this narcissistic dickbag's political forays in the future.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey! He got my biological father to leave the GOP. He can't be all bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted