1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adios, Ahmadinejad!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, May 6, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Took me awhile to get it, IJAG. Then I went back to sleep and forgot. Now, I don't care. I want to know Marvin Berry's role in this.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Seconded. He hasn't been this good since somebody stole his screen name in the Wipeout of '03.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If this is true, it seems to me that this is a sign that the clerics running the place are scared. They see the power in the countries run by dictators around them falling. Don't forget it was the "election" of Ahmadinejad that was the first sign of any unrest in the area. This is a desperate attempt to sacrifice him to try to keep the unrest in Iran from becoming worse. Given how those kinds of tactics are working elsewhere--when it was a plan for Mubarek to hand over power to someone hand chosen for example--this is just desperation. They are realizing that they are one good uprising away from being overthrown. Ahmadinejad was never anything but a front man. I can't imagine getting rid of the front man is going to quell the unahppiness.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Front man or not, he's still an asshole of the highest order.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hooray. That pretty much leaves the world with no bad guys. Happy days are here again.

I just let MSNBC know as they seem to be unaware.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The internal politics of the Iranian government are more than slightly complex, so this could be for any number of reasons. Ahmadinejad was not just a front man. Although he didn't have the power his office implied, he had some and was itching to get more. There has been significant dissatisfaction with him among the most powerful clergy even before the election mess.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They'll get to it soon.

They just need to do a couple of more segments about Mika's new book and promote her book tour.

She'll be near you later today. I'm hoping for a live report.

http://www.morningmika.com/

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Qaddafi is still in power in Libya.

9. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

The original source for the "resignation" story seems to be an Examiner.com article using "Arab TV" as a source.

Your mileage may vary.

10. Boom_70

Gitmo will be closed before Ami leaves at this rate.

11. Boom_70

Still waiting.....

Sec must have gotten a tip from Ilmago

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

In this case, would it be kilometerage?

Draft saved Draft deleted