1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adele Vogue cover "controversy"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The thing is, it's not like I don't conform. I do, in a lot of ways. I go to funerals. I go to weddings. I try to go to Mass, although I'm not always perfect with that. In the end, I end up buying the birthday card.

I just think about the why more than others when it comes to ritual participation.

OK, back to this thread. The other one was locked for a reason.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sounds like a giant waste of time. If you don't want to conform, don't conform. Wear a muscle shirt to Mass one Sunday. It's quite liberating.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

She looks like a ghost on the Vogue cover.

But she's just not an attractive human being*. Her weight isn't what's holding her back, either. She's bland, and bland doesn't hold up well next to Kate Upton on the rack (pun intended). And there's nothing wrong with that.

She's talented. That's way more valuable.

*Clarification: In terms of her outward appearance, as it relates to being on the cover of a glamour magazine.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They should just use her voice and have Santana from Glee do all her public appearances.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Easy now.

She is not bad looking.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I go back and forth on this a lot with a buddy at work.

Him: She's sexy.
    Me: Ew. Gross.

Either way, I'm watching that tape if/when it gets released.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Which is why I never said she was bad-looking.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I liked you before. And I will like you again.

But those seven words make me hate you just a little bit right now. ;)

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"She's just not an attractive human being" to me is a pretty harsh thing to say.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

No, it's not. It makes her normal. She's not attractive enough to hold her own on the cover of a glamour magazine, which means she's not one of the 500 (or even 5,000 or even 50,000) most attractive women in the world. There are almost 3.5 billion women in the world.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"attractive human beings" are a small subset of the overall group. Most people aren't attractive. Why's that harsh?

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Spaceman is a big fan of Adele. Love her. Spaceman will not tolerate this continued Adele bashing. Spaceman insists that it stop immediately. That is all. #dismissivebackhandwaveofroyalhand

Draft saved Draft deleted