1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addiction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

As you can see, sleeplessness clearly comes with my current state.

I am humbled beyond words by y'all, both on this thread and with the PMs I have received. This will definitely be a place and the people I will turn to as time goes on for support and counsel.
    My wife is a wonderful source of support, especially seeing as her mere continued presence in my life could have easily ended a while back. But she loves me too much to see me struggling alone.

Thank you, everyone.

RB

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Be strong, RB. We're all here if you need us.

Birds of a feather, and all...

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

RB,

I'm very, very proud of you for opening up on your struggles with addiction. It's not an easy thing to do, and it's not easy to be vulnerable on a message board where negativity sometimes rules the day.

However, as BYH has so frequently said, this place is at its best when people need support. I can't tell you how much this board's support meant to me when I was going through all the drama related to my unemployment benefits being denied (I'm getting them now).

When I posted a story that included my coming out of the closet, the number of encouraging messages -- both on the board and via PM -- was overwhelming. And the support from people here when I outlined my non-relationship with my mother and the death of my grandmother has also been hugely important.

Long story short: This place is terrific about supporting its own. We'll be here for you in whatever capacity we can be. Just let us know.

Draft saved Draft deleted