1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Addicted to Man Vs. Food and Food Wars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's a show about a guy traveling the country trying to eat 10-pound hamburgers -- I'm not sure the metrosexual with the washboard abs would be the right host.

I can see how he doesn't appeal to everybody, but I think his personality is what makes the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Exactly, I could see how people do not like him. However, I think he is perfect for the show

3. I love this show.

It's funny though, much of the time when I watch the show, it makes me less hungry. Maybe it's him inhaling a week's worth of food in an hour or whatever during the challenges, but I just completely lose my appetite after watching it. That works great to help me avoid late night munchies after I get back from the office, which is often when I watch the show.

However, I am going a half hour out of my way next month on a road trip to St. Louis so I can stop by Springfield, Illinois and get a Horseshoe, which I'd never heard of before until watching Man vs. Food.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that. I still find him disgusting. That said, I still watch the show every now and again.

5. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I love MVF, but I watched Food Wars and just cannot get into it. Despite the good looking female host whose name I am too lazy to look up.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Man vs. Food = good, although I some time find the corniness a little annoying
    Food Wars = haven't watched yet

Draft saved Draft deleted