1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Add another to the list: Tim Sullivan in San Diego

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Tim Sullivan

Tim Sullivan Member

Just when I thought my 15 minutes of fame (infamy?) had elapsed, Alec Baldwin rides to the rescue via Twitter:

AB ‏@alecbaldwin
    Maybe the Times will bring Tim Sullivan to NY. He sounds like he is old school.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With friends like that . . .

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Bozich just tweeted congratulations to Tim as new columnist at the Courier-Journal. Fills one of the two columnist openings there.

4. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120710/SPORTS/307100067/Sports-columnist-Tim-Sullivan-join-Courier-Journal-staff?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, it's nice to see that every now and then something works out exactly the way it should...

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I didn't know your message-board posts carried hiring authority, Mizzou! But a nice call in the realm of "sportswriter fantasy draft."

7. Mizzougrad96

Creig deserves all the credit for being able to look out on the journalism waiver wire and pick up the best guy available. :D

It's also refreshing to see someone who is such a good guy and someone who was completely wronged land on his feet.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Just don't play games on the runway. Nooooo!

9. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Don't know about Mizzou, but I called this June 8 (see thread above).

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Only thing that might have made this better for Tim would be Courier-Journal moving to San Diego rather than him moving to Louisville. Not that there's anything wrong...

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes, there was broad sympathy for the thought, and it's nice to see it come to fruition.

12. Mizzougrad96

Beat you by three days. :D See the first page of this thread.

Great minds think alike and great sports editors hire the best columnist available.

Draft saved Draft deleted