1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Add another to the list: Tim Sullivan in San Diego

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Jun 2, 2012.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's not even a good pitch for a sixth-grade essay contest ... or is it what passes for good writing in San Diego nowadays?

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Never met him, but I definitely remember his name from when I worked at the U-T in the 90s. I think he was either on news side or the business section.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had a different reaction to the thread title... I thought he was headed to ESPN...

Always liked Tim. Always enjoyed his work...

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

I'm pretty sure Don Bauder was with the business section. I reemember one article he did which was very good.

5. Tim Sullivan

Tim Sullivan Member

For your consideration:

http://shermanreport.com/sullivan-tells-his-side-san-diego-u-t-ceo-viewed-him-as-obstructionist/

6. Best wishes, Tim. Hope things work out for you.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, here I thought the paper was just being cheap...

Scary stuff...

Here's hoping Bozich's departure in Louisville proves to be perfect timing for Tim. It seems to be a no-brainer for me, except for the part of moving from paradise to Louisville. :D

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dear San Diego: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Knowing this story, why would I, a hypothetical San Diego resident, read, let alone pay to read, the U-T? I KNOW its pages are filled with, to be blunt, lies instead of facts.

10. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

I've known Tim since his time in Cincinnati. Always solid, better every year.
    My column at the National Sports Journalism Center site....

http://sportsjournalism.org/sports-media-news/known-for-exceptional-columns-sullivans-opinions-sealed-his-san-diego-fate/

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

true dat, but as a soon-to-be 55-year-old i feared the same thing. so truly relieved it was 'only' another talented vet told to hit the road. we all know how much this sucks; i got to know tim a bit when he was in cincy. 20 years ago we could shrug it off, confident a talented guy would have little problem landing on his feet. now? oy!

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How any columnist who has done his homework can be in favor of public money going to a stadium project baffles me. There has yet to be any independent research that shows a stadium provides any ROI on taxpayer money.

So, fuckabuncha homers in San Diego for firing a guy doing his job.

Draft saved Draft deleted