1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Add a recipe!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 6, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Real simple idea for this thread friends.

We, as budding or actual journalists, don't have a lot of spare time to spend a lot of time cooking. With what little time off we do have, most of us like our food to be good, simple and fast.

So, post a recipe that you'd consider a staple of your diet if you had the time to cook it. Sorry, no fast food/junk food/ open a box and there's your meal/microwave and you're done things here. Be serious (to a point). If you could recommend one easy item, what would it be and why?

I'll start......

Recipe comes right from the box of the Kraft Mac & Cheese I have more often than I'd like to admit.

Prep Time: 10 min
    Total Time: 25 min
    Makes: 6 servings

Ingrediants->
    1 lb. ground beef
    2-3/4 cups water
    1/3 cup ketchup
    2 cups (8 oz.) elbow macaroni,
    uncooked 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product,

Directions->
    1. cut up BROWN meat in large skillet; drain.

2. ADD water, ketchup and onion powder; mix well. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.

3. STIR in VELVEETA; cook until melted, stirring occasionally.

That's some seriously good stuff man. Trust a brother. :)

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1 tumbler
    1 fifth of room-temperature Wild Turkey

Pour
    Drink
    Repeat as needed

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My slow cooker is amazing. I take a few pounds of chicken that I marinate for at least a day, and then put it in there usually before I go to bed at night. When I wake up, it's damn good stuff. You can also start cooking it when you leave work, and have it ready when you get home.

Draft saved Draft deleted