1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No shoes
    No shirt
    No mask
    No service

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Out here we got the California National Guard. Was told "they need to practice anyway" when questioning the costs.

3. HanSenSE

Sounds like a couple of idiots who came through my line today.

At our store, the rule is, sanitize the belt every time. So I'm doing that and a customer asks, "do you do that every time?" The he adds later, "In Nevada we're open." So I gave it my best "Welcome to California."

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. HanSenSE

Hell, the Founding Father's wore white wigs.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I went to a fancy suburban supermarket today. I was impressed by the cleaning policies... until I saw two checkout clerks farther down the line with no masks at all.

The store is part of a more upscale chain than where I usually shop. It's also far larger.

There was no line outside. But I found it far more crowded than my local urban supermarket. Everyone at least seemed courteous and cordial.

6. HanSenSE

Wishing mnauman was still around.He would have loved this.

garrow likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a theory among economists, as yet untested, that people, unable to go out to restaurants, are trading up (in their own minds) in the quality of the groceries they buy. There is evidence of this in wine sales.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There was evidence in my grocery cart yesterday.

2muchcoffeeman, Driftwood and Mngwa like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A friend in NOLA visited six newly-opened restaurants and bars last night and found average 1/4 occupancy. He also observed mostly people in their 20s and 30s not social distancing and not wearing masks.

10. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Question for the attorneys on board:

Do state reopening plans have opt-out provisions for employees who can and would rather continue to work from home? If a worker can prove equal productivity before and during quarantine, how can a supervisor (or company) force him or her to come back in?

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Masks aren't very conducive to things like eating and drinking. Nor are they even conducive to talking (conversationally, anyway). Take those out of the equation, and there isn't much reason to go to a restaurant or bar.

misterbc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted