1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Like so many people, I’ve been having classic stress dreams since mid-March. They are getting worse. I wake up from one, get back to sleep, have another one. They range from weird and annoying to ones where I wake up with my heart pounding. For a week or so, covid-19 has made nightly appearances. Somewhere I heard or read that thinking about good things to dream about could help stop these dreams. It hasn’t worked for me. Other than the general uncertainty, people’s shitty behavior, and a feeling that while my exposure risk is small, I’d likely be really sick if I was infected, I don’t have reasons to be stressed. I can’t imagine how bad the dreams are of people who have reasons.

OscarMadison and FileNotFound like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hair places in my neighboring state open Monday. I live 30 miles from the border. I plan to call the closest one at 9 a.m. Monday and make an appointment in the hope that I can get one a couple of days later on my day off.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If it’s anything like here, you won’t. Next-door neighbor has an appointment on the 21st. That’s the earliest he could get in to his regular barber.

I’ve just decided to let it keep growing.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Same on the hair. It's made it past the awkward stage, so let's roll with it for awhile.

Dentist, though: I chipped the back of a molar a little while back and I'd like to get it squared away before we get into root canal territory. I have an appointment in two weeks, so hopefully it'll be squared away then.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My doctor's office just called. They were finally able to schedule the echocardiogram I was due for in mid-June. No word yet on colonoscopy. So some elective procedures at at least one major Boston hospital.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One of the few advantages of having had 12 concussions is that I don't remember my dreams.

I don't remember much of anything else, either, of course, but that's another story.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach also canceled its 86th showing.

And it other news today, tempers flare at Chik-Fil-A. All the pick-up parking spots are filled. Asian customers cussing out employees. You don't see that every day -- nice people cussing out other nice people. Film at 11 (or not).

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But did he call as soon as it opened for business? Before the backup started?

When I was in South Florida, Hurricane Wilma ripped my satellite dish off its mountings. I called DirecTV WHILE THE STORM WAS STILL GOING ON and got an appointment for four days later. Had I waited until the end of the day to call, the earliest service would have been in a month.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We will prep our way through this crisis. My clotheshorse son informs me Brooks Brothers has introduced its own line of masks. But as Josh disapprovingly noted, they aren't monogrammed.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Face Masks - Brooks Brothers

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy two weeks ago, as scheduled. I was the second of three patients that day. Consulting with the doctor this afternoon about specifics of the results. That will be a phone call.

Draft saved Draft deleted