1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hell, we put down strips of duct tape six feet apart to show where people should be standing in line at the register and people are still ignoring them.

Been a helluva couple of weeks here. Brother sick (not the virus), dealing with mother whose mini stroke was misdiagnosed (she's mostly ok). So, yeah, screw Trump.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My suspicion is that schools will probably not reopen until June or thereabouts. If they go to September, kids will have been out of school six months.
    By sheer necessity this will probably be the end of the traditional summer vacation in American schools.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That truly wouldn’t be a bad thing. Most of the nation is quite ready to move on from the agrarian schedule.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Instead of one 12-week break, have four 3-week breaks? That would probably work fine. Of course, I think much of the world takes much less time off school anyway.

The immediate hangup, of course, would be fitting thousands of schools with AC. June-July-August gets damn hot in most of the country.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I got this in my email yesterday. I have no idea why.

[​IMG]

Christopher,

Welcome to Conservative Intel! Our mission is to cut past the big box liberal media organizations and bring the latest updates they ignore straight to you. We think this is just the kind of thing that will interest you.

###

I replied with this:

Listen here. I don’t know how you got my email address, but here is my message, and it comes from someone who was in the media for 44 years.
    We DO NOT want conservative news. We DO NOT want liberal news. We want ACCURATE, UNBIASED news. We DO NOT want somebody’s agenda. We want the TRUTH.
    If you can’t provide that, then dry up and go away. I don’t expect to be contacted by you again unless you can give me what I asked.

####

They're probably having a good laugh, whoever they are.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'll never get back the five minutes it took you to write that email.

Batman likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I set up a YouTube channel today, recorded stuff for my students, and sent them the link. That's an adaptation for me.
    I recorded it in my office which has antique nautical charts, a fish, a flag, etc.
    One of the kids replied, "Coach Driftwood, the inside of your house looks exactly like I pictured it would."
    I thought that was funny.

Baron Scicluna and maumann like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but I know how good it felt to pound that out and hit send.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted