1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arkansas has shut down access to the Glory Hole.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Good point. I *know* I've been in a rut for about 2 1/2 years, since the crash. Then there was the pressure and everything that went into handling their complex estates and all of the webs associated with it. Then getting laid off. Then being on the cusp of getting a job only for all hell to break loose. I certainly was in a rut at my last job, especially with everything else going on outside of there and I had been looking to get out of there until they did it for me. So, yeah, there are a lot of adjustments I've had to make -- and still do -- and hopefully once this ends, I'll be able to get out of that rut, to be happier and to make the necessary adjustments to get there.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm going full Old Man, I spread some grass seed last week and every morning I go out with the sprayer and soak it. All that's missing is the newspaper boy coming by on his bike and hitting me with the paper -- all while I don't move an inch.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ll be at House No. 6, standing outside with overlooked George Orwell, listening to his war stories that are far more interesting than anything that bore Hemingway is prattling on about inside.

5. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Dale Carnegie seems like an odd fit in any of the houses, particularly #2. It'd probably be fun to listen to Dorothy Parker in #6, if Hemmingway and Mailer would ever shut up. A bit surprised that Carson McCullers gets in a house before Orwell or many others; I always think of her as a less-famous version of Flannery O'Connor, so why have both?

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dale Carnegie is in House 2 because the torrid affair between and Jane Austen would be a foregone conclusion.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Six is the only one that would not make me want to kill everyone in their sleep. Can you imagine living in quarantine with HST or Ayn Rand?

Edit: Sorry @Moderator1. I'll delete if this is a but too much.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

atlas drugged

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So if I was born in 1900, my life saw WWI, Spanish Flu, Dust Bowl, Great Depression, WWII (I’m only 40 right now), Korean War, assassinations, Vietnam.

Born in 1980? Sept. 11th and this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

To say nothing of the dot-com bubble bursting and the 2008 financial crisis.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There was also a little gas crisis during the '70's, and during the recession when Carter was President home mortgage rates hit 18%.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Some preliminary evidence NYC hospitalization and vent rate are slowing. Hopefully the trends continue.

Been a rough week. Working from home and trying to make things as normal as possible. But not much seems normal. We have a coat rack and and a hat rack. We’ve made space for a mask rack. I hope that never seems normal.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted