1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I am seriously in wait-and-see mode about damn near everything. We have no idea where things will stand in a week, two weeks, a month. Is it legit to hope that things are back to normal enough come September that back to school goes off as normal? Sure it is. Do we know that will be how things will work out? Nope.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

At the local level, teachers, policemen, firemen will not be paid because there is no one spending money. July 1 is the start of the new fiscal year for many localities.

At some point we have to go outside. It will not be easy, but we have to do it. If we wait for 2022 to go back outside, some people will still not want to go outside.

We go out slowly in waves this summer. What happens is what happens. Hopefully, our medical infrastructure will be ready for it. We cannot wait 18 months for a vaccine.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My brother is an AD in SoCal. They are already making plans of not starting the next school year on time in August.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I keep hearing various versions of this theme.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Who funds The Federalist?

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Then go back in September.

With our current POTUS, we have two choices: go back this summer or go 10 trillion in debt.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've been saying: When we get to May 1, we, hopefully, will have a much better focus on where things are at and where we're going.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have tickets to see The Music Man in October.
    I've basically given up on being able to see The Foo Fighters on July 4. Just don't see it happening.
    If The Music Man doesn't get off the ground (my tickets are a week after the scheduled opening), I'm going to be rather unhappy.
    But yeah yeah yeah. Minor concerns in the grand scheme. My real hope is I'm still alive and my kids/grandkids are all healthy in October (and beyond)

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Trade it in on a new one, problem solved.

Except yours is so old they'd probably just pay you to drive it away.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It sure would be fucking nice to know how many people have gotten this already.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Let’s say 10% of all Americans have already contracted this in some form. That mean 1:100 got sick enough to go to a hospital for a test and 1:3000 or so died.

We just don’t have enough information.

Draft saved Draft deleted