1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw an ad for an "Ultimate Tag" show on Fox, where contestants play tag with their pros, al la Pros vs. Joes.

I'm not that hard up yet.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We went to E. Granby CT yesterday to walk on a trail. We have done a couple during this. We got.5 miles in and I just didn't feel comfortable. Having read a recent story that of course people are breathing out heavily while they walk fast, run or bike all I could think of was walking into their air. Of course I didn't have my mask either. Maybe if I had mine and everyone else had one I would feel better but I just had this feeling of dread. I have a great neighborhood to walk in so I am sticking to that. It was a feeling I haven't had since hitchhiking in the 70's.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just a thought...

We will be going back to school in the fall. If we pack schools, we can sure as shit start playing sports in late September.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A very bad but true fact. Aside from the truckers, those involved in the creation and distribution of America's food supply are among the poorest paid workers in the country. Many are undocumented workers, especially meat processors and farm workers of course. Our society already considers them expendable. If necessary, they'll be expended to prevent food supply disruption.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Took my car in two weeks ago today. Part ordered, was supposed to arrive in 5 days. Fourteen days later, still no part. Registration expired last week. Can't get registration until it passes inspection, which it can't do until repair is made.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They suspended all car inspections in Virginia through the end of April. I'm assuming the same will hold true in May since our stay-at-home order runs through June 10.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

CDC has published a recommendation that yes, we should in fact be wearing masks when we're out, and then provides a tutorial on how to make your own with a T-shirt and coffee filter. That is the level of failure we're at.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Says who?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really wonder when we will be going back to school. The safety of students always has to be the priority. This isn't just a human issue. It is a liability one. If one students tests positive, would that mean an entire school shuts down for two weeks? Does it even make sense to go back under those circumstances?

The other issue to consider is that students are required to attend. I wouldn't be surprised to see legal battles over that, with some parents being afraid to send their children back to school.

Draft saved Draft deleted