1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Some school divisions are closing up for the year totally and not even trying to do at home teaching.

I guess next year will be five quarters in one school year.

Fuck

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

True, but a pandemic compared to those are apples to oranges. Leagues can't come back if just parts of the country are healthy. I'm starting to think that pro sports will be among the last parts of "regular" life to return to normal.

maumann likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That part is certainly true. So it's possible the non-team sports like golf, tennis and auto racing could return first because they could pick and choose where they hold events. Or maybe the NBA will copy that insane China idea of creating like an artificial basketball city where everybody's temperature is monitored at all times and the teams live in dorms/ICUs. Although I notice today even China put that one on hold. But I stand fast on my main point, that whenever sports do return, they'll find a large and enthusiastic audience.

maumann likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There is too much money in football with gambling and TV to not play.

No football means no school in September. I just don’t see that happening. We need to prepare our hospitals and then go back outside.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My company president announced today we are working from home until at least April 30.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The NFL is well-positioned for a ratings bonanza.

Twirling Time likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Put this on the other corona thread but probably belongs here:

We got a few of the surgical masks to wear when we go get essential supplies. As a glasses wearer, I haven't found a way to get them to stop fogging up. A few searches told me to fold down the top a bit to redirect my breath. But no luck. Anyone have tips?

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

O Happy Day: Large bin of sanitizer today at Shop-Rite, limit 2 per. Only bamboo paper towels though. Pro Tip: If regular chicken is sold out, head for the kosher aisle at the other end of the store. Generous supply, and it's better for you.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hit an outdoors store and ask for Cat Crap. Probably on Amazon too.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You mean your glasses fog? Assuming so, if the mask has a wire at the bridge of the nose, be sure to bend it to fit as snug as you can. If they have elastic, maybe tie a small knot to make it fit tighter at the top if that is possible. Other than that, see if Amazon has some sort of anti-fog product for glasses.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you. Had to look up Cat Crap, @Inky_Wretch. New one on me! Though, when I visit family in the Midwest, I always pick up Chicken Poop at the Tractor Supply Store. Great chapstick.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted