1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

>grin<

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"We" murdered it or Covid-19 did?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

One of the reactions in my town is that a non-profit has set up a deal where you can donate money to buy meals for health care workers in the hospitals. They then use the money to buy food from various restaurants who set it up for what is essentially a catering delivery. Staff gets good food and the restaurants get a few dollars, and those who donate get to know that they helped both.

HC, garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, very true. It would be a very good time for MLB to offer blocks of $5 tickets in non-prime sections for under-attended weekday games.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But the Alabama Spring Game's still on - right?

6. Neutral Corner

If they'd let'em, the bammers would pack it out.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

The longer this goes on, the more people get used to a life without sports
    More than restaurants or music (which you can get online), sports is likely to suffer when life resumes

maumann likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I disagree. We have evidence from severe sports disruptions of the past, World War 2, the various strikes/lockouts affecting major parts of the seasons in all four of the pro sports, and each time the disruption ended, spectator sports bounced back more less quickly (extremely quickly from WW2 and the 1982 NFL strike, more slowly from the 1994 baseball strike).

micropolitan guy likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks. Heartbreaking. Help if you can.

misterbc and OscarMadison like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I found two 3M N95 masks I bought months ago for projects around the house, so wore one (and gloves) to the market this morning. In less than an hour the metal bridge hurt my nose and the straps hurt my ears. Had to adjust it by -- guess what?! -- touching my face. I can't imagine wearing that and other gear for a full shift under pandemic circumstances.

Draft saved Draft deleted