1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I thought that’s how I would feel. I’m retired, I’m not particularly social, I can still ride my horse in the mornings, seems like my every day life. I’m learning I’m normally out and about way more than I thought, though.

The AKC allowed certified Trick Dog testers to do video testing so I taught my youngest dog a few more tricks so he could get his intermediate trick title, but that only occupied me for two days. (I confess I made a nonessential trip to the hardware store for three clay flower pots needed to teach and demonstrate his ability to play the shell game.)

Even with other dog training every day, I still have a ton of not doing anything time I didn’t have a few weeks ago.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rewatched Masters 2019; still a really cool watch, huge names making moves everywhere and yet it ends with Woods.

Deskgrunt50, maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Got one of them link thingies to it?

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I put in a huge garden this weekend. It necessitated a trip to the co-op. But they had a register set up outside and it took Apple Pay. And I wore work gloves the whole time.

I was still spooked.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One of the posters on Reddit's r/Coronavirus board put together a bunch of stuff to do while quarantined, stuck at home and bored. There's a lot of interesting links here. Enjoy.

My Quarantine List

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    misterbc likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Money from the shirts goes to his Singing for Change charity.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Judging by my Facebook feed, this went across Alabama like a bolt of lightning.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

She's definitely the leader in the clubhouse for "southern governor who is dumber than a box of rocks." And that's quite a hill to climb, considering Florida, Georgia and Louisiana.

11. Neutral Corner

A couple of those are on the quiet list deep in my heart of those I would not mourn if the Covid took them. Not her, she's basically harmless if a bit dim.

"I've got a little list, they'll never be missed."

maumann likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Video chats can be great. One of my wife's cousins in California set one up on Zoom yesterday. By some miracle, my 78-year-old mother-in-law managed to download the app and join in. She's on her own and we're all keeping our distance because she is very high risk for the virus, so she has been lonely. I know seeing everybody and having a nice, loud family conversation was good for her. I think it was good for all of us.

By the way, Zoom is temporarily allowing unlimited meeting time for free. I only learned about it because my work is having virtual meetings on Zoom. We also had a video chat on Google Hangouts because we're trying to figure out which one we like better.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted