1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife and her sisters have been doing something similar with my mother-in-law. She has a patio. One visits at a time and nobody gets within 10 feet of her. She is very high risk, so we're all being extremely careful. Of course, my mother-in-law is the forgetful type. At one point, she wanted to get something from inside. She started walking toward my wife and said, "Hold this for a minute." Oy.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The point .2 though isn't bad.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

.2 to .1 was a beast going up into Neyland Stadium. I cussed.
    The last .1 to the 50 yard line was a breeze.

Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Did tequila shots via Zoom with my law school friends and have another Zoom cocktail party tonight. Will need a new liver.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One suburb near me has reopened its golf courses ... but with no holes. If I never have to stand over a six-footer, my handicap is going to go way down.

Michael_ Gee, maumann and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

How does that work? Hit the green and get 2 extra strokes to get down?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know what? That works. I'm dying hitting my foam balls (at least with real dimples they fly like real balls) in my backyard and my makeshift bunker (used to be my kids' sandbox). At least I've got a lawn to hit off of.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did a video chat with a bunch of friends last night and it was fun - not as fun as all being in a bar together but it worked for now.

Videochatted each kid for a while, too. Grandchild No. 3 is due in a week and who knows when I'll get to meet her but I'll still be able to "see" her in the hospital.

Got hand sanitizer at Trader Joe's yesterday (limited number allowed in store, those waiting lined up six feet apart) and filled my freezer with meat from B.J.'s. Also loaded up on a brand of low-carb yogurt I like. At a much better price than my local store charges.

Plenty of dog food, plenty of water, plenty of toilet paper and 48 K-Cups from Jittery Joe's are due to arrive today.

This hasn't been as bad as I thought. That said, I'm ready for it to end. Going to be really mad if I miss my July 4 Foo Fighters show.

Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted