1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter's biggest accomplishment

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SportsScribe5, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would probably take Glazer over Schefter, but it's close. Both do a great job.

I'm sure knowing Albom helped Schefter, but I give Schefter credit for making that happen. I'm guessing Schefter introduced himself to Albom at a Michigan game and then offered her services to him or someone at the Freep recommended Schefter as someone who would be good to help with research for Albom's books...

I did research for a well-known writer (not as well-known as Albom) while I was in college and I would be naive to think it didn't help me get an internship or my first job.

It's that way for a lot of people.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

So did I. I was delighted to do it, dug up a lot of stuff, and found about a dozen bad typos in the final draft which would have been bad news had no one caught them . . .

The writer in question gave me a fantastic push in the dedication for that book. Always grateful.

3. Story?

4. Agree with what Mizzou said.

Adam always treated me well enough. I can understand how he rubbed many people -- probably most people -- the wrong way.

But he's gotten where he is because he out-works everyone. Can't dispute that. And way before social media existed, he also excelled at marketing himself well.

Draft saved Draft deleted