1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter reporting Vince Young out ~ a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Young has the physical ability to excel. What he lacks is a group of talented receivers and the understanding of the speed of the game. He takes too long to make reads and forces the ball because he panics. He's not using his feet, either. He needs to throw more on the run. I'm not sure he'll ever be successful.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe Vince Young will never be back. Tennessean reports he was telling people around him on Monday he didn't want to play anymore. His mother says give him space and love. Team psychologist worried for his safety:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909129/-1/RSS05

And the Titans sign Chris Simms as a backup.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I haven't been shy in saying I thought Young would never be a good quarterback, but some things are more important than throwing a football. Hope he finds what he's looking for. But I also hope this doesn't become about how he was somehow mistreated or treated unfairly. I hope this doesn't become too victim-centered because he's not facing anything worse than a lot of big-name athletes. Perfectly understandable to not want to deal with the pressures and emotional roller-coaster ride of being a well-known professional athlete. More power to him if he's happy doing something else. But if he does walk away, I hope the situation doesn't degenerate into a blame game.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What the hell is it about Texas-ex superstars becoming head cases at the next level? Did Vince find Ricky's old dealer in Austin or something?

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lord. Lord. Lord.

I hope he has saved his money.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Young, to me, wasn't a bad draft pick, if only because it is obvious he's mentally suffering from something and needs to get it resolved. He's not remotely the same player he was in college, and it's not just because Vince can't be Vince.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's very arguable, but I'm starting to feel a little snarky debating the kid, what with the problems he has.

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

That thing they say about walking in a man's shoes...we all should cough up the $64.95.

http://tinyurl.com/5pljp2

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He gets booed. He gets criticized in the media for being a bad quarterback. Big fucking deal. Either work on the problem and get better or find another line of work. It's not like he's had some godawful tragedy happen to him.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

And how are you sure of that?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If that's not all the serious shit he's dealing with, BYH, somebody's done a helluva job keeping a secret. Especially after the past few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted