1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter reporting Vince Young out ~ a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 8, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Collins certainly responded well Sunday. He comes in for Vince the Baby, and his first play is third and 14. Jaguars blitz, he finds the tight end, and it's about a 40-yard gain.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heard he went a little out of it last night. Reminded me of Dennis Rodman when Chuck Daly left the Pistons...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is this reminding anyone else of Bison Dele?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe the Wonderlic Test wasn't too far off.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, this is, like, big news, right?

Star quarterback goes on a midnight bender that involves the police?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I was watching an hour-long ESPN "Outside the Lines" on Brett Favre's first Jets TD. Coming up next is a "SportsCentury" on the illustrious career of TomBrady's ACL (R.I.P.).

I'm sure they'll get to Young's odd behavior sometime during the 1 a.m. SportsCenter.

7. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Titans could've had Jay Cutler, who played his college ball across the river and up the street, but they decide to go with this?

8. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

This story will either mark the beginning of the end for Young or the start of something sensational.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mario Williams, Reggie Bush or Vince Young? I'd say that they were drafted in the correct order. And maybe it's the system, but Joseph Addai was the steal of the 2006 draft

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Addai at #30 was certainly the best value in the first round. In the second, Devin Hester was a pretty good value pick at 57.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

VY is going to go down historically as a horrendous draft pick. His physical ability to handle the job must be questioned, and there's no question that he doesn't have the makeup to be an NFL quarterback.

Horrendous draft pick. And BYH, 19-10 has a lot more to do with the supporting cast and Jeff Fisher -- perhaps the least ballyhooed of the great coaches -- than it has had to do with Young. I'll be very surprised if they're not 3-1 at the end of the month with Kerry Collins.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks. I had no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted