1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter reporting Vince Young out ~ a month

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It would be awesome because I have some questions.
    But where does he WORK wiseass?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Found it. Had to go that other Google, not my favorite version of Google (us here on SJ)

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

NFL Network.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The longer Vince Young is out, the better the Titans' chance of winning. It was a bad draft pick, for a bad quarterback and we now know from yesterday's sideline embarassment, that he's gutless. They cannot let him take another snap.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really? Well the replacement better be pretty good since the Titans are 19-10 in games he's started.

I know he's not your type of QB though, so keep going.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

great college qb. suspect nfl qb. he's just not good at this level. fischer shoud wise up and let vince run an option-type offense. watching him run this offense makes my eyes ache, and i have no dog in the titans' fight. i just like to see a qb play like a qb. vince ain't an nfl qb.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i agree that vince's record is more of a testament to jeff fisher and the titans overall than any magic young possesses. he's a loooong way from being a genuine nfl qb, imo, but he certainly deserves more time to get his passing skills together.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sorry to rain on the Vince Young fanboi loosers' parade, but if you don't have adequate passing skills if you get to the NFL, you shouldn't be playing quarterback in the NFL.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

O rly? He was taken third overall in the draft.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The titans were 19-10 in those games because of their defense, special teams and Jeff Fisher. Don't kid yourself. They won in spite of Vince Young.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe they'd win even more games if they let him be Vince Young, instead of trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.

He can come off like a doof, especially if he was begging out yesterday, but I refuse to believe a guy who led like he did at Texas and during his first year with the Titans is a zero.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Methinks all the folks who ripped the Houston for taking Mario Williams over Young owe the Texans an apology.

Draft saved Draft deleted