1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Schefter Leaves NFLN for the four letter company that we shall not name.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GRUDGE, Apr 15, 2009.

1. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

Now I give Adam Schefter his props, he has great sources. The issue to me is whether or not all those sources who OWN the NFLN will help him anymore?

I know that this isn't print, but it is sports journalism and I am hearing that he will also write for the four letter .com

2. Adam's sources won't dry up.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. He had lots of sources before he went to NFLN.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: Adam Schefter Leaves NFLN for the four letter company that we shall not name

How is that hiring freeze working out, ESPN? Tired of getting unsolicited resumes, were we?

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Does this mean they're less than pleased with Chris Mortensen?

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

The next "battle in the trenches" we see won't be along the line of scrimmage, it'll be between Schefter, Mort, and Clayton for airtime.

7. That's probably the nicest way to put it.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Clearly, they're going to put his feet to the fire . . . which will be good for the viewer . . . and, hopefully, for Mort.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am shocked to learn that NESN has upgraded its NFL coverage this way.

:D

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

congrats to adam. he's worked his butt off. :) :) :)

nfl network has to replace him to keep any semblance of credibility, no? who's next? ??? ???

11. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

If you ask me, and nobody did, NFL Network is well on its way to becoming an embarrassing fiasco. The product sucks, they've managed to not get it seen by much of the northeast while they joust with Comcast (whether that's really their fault or Comcast's is kind of beside the point.) They've managed to muck up NFL Films, which everyone agreed was doing a great job before falling under the control of these geniuses. Now NFLN's most credible presence is leaving. Hmmm.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Their premier sunday night highlight show is still in low def.

Low def = low rent

Compare to MLB Network

Draft saved Draft deleted