1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam "Pacman" Jones to Cowboys almost a done deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Don't forget the scoreboard that's going into the new stadium, 93.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is the White House still open in Dallas?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Minimal risk for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

All they give up is a fourth-round pick. If Pacman plays, Dallas throws in a fifth in 2009. If he isn't reinstated, the Titans give Dallas their fourth-round pick back in '09.

If the Cowboys go 13-3 again, Pacman will not be a locker-room cancer and in fact will be a contributor to that record. On the other hand, if Pacman plays but gets into trouble, the Cowboys can cut him with no salary-cap hit because, from what I understand, the Titans are eating the $8M ($4M this year and $4M the next) and Jerry is going to give him a 4-year contract with no guaranteed money.

And of course if Pacman is not reinstated, the Cowboys are trading a fourth in 2008 for an extra one in 2009.

I like this deal.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It is a low risk deal as well.

But...

You have Pacman and T.O. sharing a locker room with Jessica Simpson's old flame. Plus, you have Jerry Jones.

How many times are they going to push the envelope until it rips wide open?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Got news for you guys lumping Pacman with T.O. -- the latter has never been arrested. No DUIs, no belting women, etc.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Both guys are locker room cancers with their sideshow antics on and off the field.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

...and the other has never dismantled teammates in the media.

Too many loose cannons for my taste.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'll tolerate the guy whiny about not getting the ball over the guy participating in strip club shootouts in which a guy gets paralyzed for life.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

but these guys spent more than 1 year in school

Draft saved Draft deleted