1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam Dunn traded?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Aug 11, 2008.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

ESPN is using a report from a radio station saying that Adam Dunn was dealt to Arizona for three players. Foxsports.com's Ken Rosenthal earlier today said a deal was dead. The Cincinnati Enquirer is only filtering reports, but says to check back later for more details from the Enquirer (because they've done a great job getting nothing so far).

ESPN link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3529966

EDIT: Rosenthal now says it's a done deal as well.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8437824/Sources:-D-backs-land-Reds%27-Dunn-off-waivers

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

It's on the baseball thread.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I appreciate those threads, but those always seem more like day-to-day grind stuff. "Bigger" news should be pulled out to its own thread. At least in my opinion. :) And the Enquirer still sucks.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I share your opinion on the running threads, lantaur. I'm a Reds fan, which means the baseball threads are too depressing to wander into but I would want to hear Dunn news.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This sets up the rest of the cross-thread nicely.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You don't want to sift through 1,500 posts to find it? What's wrong with you? :D

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What, Ricciardi didn't pick him up?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He's awaiting the chance to re-acquire George Bell when he comes out of retirement.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dusty has to be salivating at the possibility of having this guy in his rotation...

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This is why I always laugh at the baseball "trade deadline."

It's usually after the "deadline" when many teams start dealing.

Dunn still needs to wind up on an AL team where he can DH. He's slow in the outfield and has the vertical leap of, well, me.

11. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

That makes three (Hamilton, Griffey, Dunn) of the Reds' top four (Phillips being the other) home run hitters from 2007 who are no longer on the roster.

And to think, I thought the Florida Marlins had that strategy trademarked.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Before the injury, Buck was the best Friday night starter in a Pac-10 that also had Tim Lincecum, Ian Kennedy, Greg Reynolds and Brandon Morrow as Friday night guys. If he can get healthy, it's potentially a good trade for Cincinnati.

Draft saved Draft deleted