1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actors who get a lot of work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Joe Morton. I had to look him up to find his name, but it seems like I see him in almost everything in some capacity, yet can never quite put my finger on what exactly I've seen him in.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard Hackman had some health problems after Mooseport.
    That guy could do anything - action, drama, comedy.

First time I saw Clancy Brown was in Bad Boys (the Sean Penn prison flick) - man that movie was some heavy crap. I think I spent the entire two hours thinking "Holy Shit Spicoli!" I'll never think of the Little River Band the same way again.

And I've always dug Joe Morton, he's kind of a poor man's Morgan Freeman. Surprised to see him on Eureka, but he makes it work.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I see Craig Robinson in a lot of movies.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have never heard of or seen Joe Morton (just looked him up on imdb) nor have I ever seen anything he's in. Well, I've seen shows he's been on, but never him on them.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He was great in "Brother from Another Planet".

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

New add:

Chi McBride is in EVERYTHING.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It has taken me five years of watching The Closer to get over how convincing Simmons was as a psycho on Oz. His role in Juno helped too...

The late, great JT Walsh should be mentioned as well.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Simmons can even sing and dance. I've seen him do musicals and concert performances.
    A trouper.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

JT Walsh had just hit his stride when he died.

Another guy who's been in a ton of things in varied roles is William H. Macy. And he's lucky enough to be married to Felicity Huffman.

Draft saved Draft deleted