1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actors going on strike? Be my guest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 26, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080625/D91H9P200.html

I realize that most members of the SAG aren't getting $20 million a movie or $1 million per episode, but this isn't the best PR move in the world ... to be going on strike while everyone else is suffering from the economy. Think Joe Blow paying for $4 gas cares if Patrick Dempsey isn't getting what he thinks he deserves?
    I would also caution any professional sport from going on strike in this day and age. No one will care.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll condemn the actors when the CEOs and the hedge fund managers start getting paid what they are worth.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

touche'

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The guild is recommending its members, most of whom probably make less than you in a good year, reject the studio's contract offer--and explains why.

The Screen Actors Guild on Wednesday accused major Hollywood studios of offering a contract deal worth less than an agreement approved by the leaders of a smaller actors union.

SAG executive director Doug Allen told The Associated Press the offer to the guild was worth tens of millions of dollars less than the tentative contract reached with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.

And where did you get this idea that there was a strike?

Allen has said the guild was willing to negotiate past the end of the contract without calling for a strike vote by members.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

fuckin lazy liberal actors.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

What makes you think engendering public sympathy is among their objectives?

Draft saved Draft deleted