1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actors/Actresses who get a bad rap

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Aug 11, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kidman was great in The Others, To Die For and Malice. She's not just eye candy.

And I'll say this for Cruise, he's capable of some solid work, Magnolia, Jerry McGuire, well, on those rare occasions when he plays someone NOT at the top of his game, when he struggles. He has been in a slump though. He needs to do some low-budget indie stuff to get some mojo back.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Jennifer Aniston is pigeonholed into her Rachel role, but she's been excellent in the movie work I've seen.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Gotta say, Costner is just terrible. He's been in some great movies, somehow, but his performances were far from great. He's the David Justice of movie actors.

On the topic at hand, I've always though Brad Pitt has had a hard time shaking the pretty boy/hunk image he got early in his career. Dude never plays the same role twice (well, except for the Ocean's films) and has played several characters on far opposite ends of the moral spectrum equally well.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pauly Shore

5. doctorx

doctorx Member

Forgot the blue font, didn't you?

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I loved Costner in Field of Dreams. Can't picture anybody else in that role. Robin Hood, whole other story. Actually think Jack Black is very good when he's not trying too hard to be funny. I also think John Edwards is an underrated actor.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

owen wilson.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess I just need to run in different circles.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Field of Dreams was a great story. Costner was more wooden than Shoeless Joe's bat, though.

10. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I think D.B. Sweeny could have pulled off Costner's role in Field of Dreams. Though that might have been too much D.B. and Baseball in the Movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted