1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Actors/actresses associated with cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Sep 4, 2019.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thank you, good sir (or lady).

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh, you assume I'm a man or a woman, do ya?!?!? Get with the times, pal.

Jk.

Team Dudes.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

and Tallahassee.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I mean, he's a fan of a bunch of the Chicago sports teams and all and spends a lot of time there, but doesn't Ed still live in Seattle? Hell, he spends almost as much time in Hawaii as he does in Chicago. He's a split between a few places.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'd identify him with San Diego before I would Seattle.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

He moved to San Diego when he was a pre-teen/early teenager and lived there for five or six years before he moved back to Chicago, then he moved to San Diego for about six more years. So he lived in San Diego for about 12 years total, and the highlight of his musical career there was Bad Radio. He's lived WAY longer in Seattle and done way more in that city and for that city than he's done in San Diego. I'd definitely associate him with Seattle far before San Diego.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Well then Jeff Ament is associated with Montana, not Seattle, since we're going on where they have a house.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Tom Selleck and Detroit. For that matter, Tim Allen and Detroit.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You can put Selleck in Honolulu, too, along with Jack Lord and Alex O'Loughlin.

maumann likes this.
  10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Not going on that at all. Going on where he had the most impact and where he is most associated with popularly. Vedder is ingrained in the Seattle grunge movement, and he's been very active in that city since he moved there in his late 20s. When he lived in San Diego, he was Eddie, the guy who works at a convenience store, plays clubs on the weekends and surfs all the time.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Did anyone say Burt Reynolds and Tallahassee?

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

What's your reasoning for San Diego more than Seattle? Because he surfs? Hell, I'd give Hawaii over San Diego because he did a whole fucking album called Ukelele Songs, and he's been very vocal about his love of the islands.

Draft saved Draft deleted