1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Active shooter at UCLA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Confirmed, murder-suicide (could be student shooting a teacher then himself). No longer an active shooter situation.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The gorilla should be calling the airports.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Definitely need tougher gun laws in California!!!

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Violence threatened on campus as well:

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who is Milo Yiannopoulous? Was he in the sequel to "My Big Fat Greek Wedding?"

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's ok. Jay Farrar doesn't know who he is either.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

We're supposed to be up to speed on every writer on the <Googles Milo's name> on the whackadoo site that is Breitbart!?! Sheesh. I better start brushing up on the contributors to Coast to Coast AM next!

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dude I used to tune into Coast to Coast when I'd get off of work around midnight to 1 a.m. Most of the time it was benign but there was something about the listening when I was dead tired with all those damn conspiracies it would make me so f-ing paranoid.

9. Inky_Wretch

I listened driving back from road games and would get freaked by the UFO talk when I was in BFE on a two-lane state highway. I tuned in a few months ago and it was all Jade Helm, secret UN treaties and InfoWars-ish. I was hoping for Bigfoot, UFOs and that stuff.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This would be why professors are not real big on college students being able to carry on campus.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Precisely. Does the state of Texas still think this is an awesome idea? Sure, anybody who wants to carry a gun to campus and shoot a professor with whom he has a beef can do it. But having possession codified and legal makes it acceptable to take it on campus; a ban may deter those in a moment of rage from going to the trouble.
    And that permission means we'll almost certainly see this sort of thing repeated.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Since Art Bell was replaced by George Noory they've veered away from moonbat radio. A couple of months ago John Gotti Jr. Was on talking about his new book.

Draft saved Draft deleted