1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Active duty troops tell their war story in NYT op-ed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 19, 2007.

1. What's the over/under on when Malkin and the Powerline tools start telling us that these guys didn't really serve over there?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Michelle Malkin would have defeated the entire insurgency using only a mop handle and a banana peel, right after she whipped the ass of the Virginia Tech gunman. She told me so.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yeah, no doubt. I'm sure they can even explain away the sgt. who contributed to the article was was shot in the head. Self-inflicted wound, probably.

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Haven't done so yet, but I am sure you are 100% correct, as always, about everything.

5. jboy

jboy Guest

Absolutely no mention of this article on the National Review's "Corner" blog.

What a bunch of fucking cowards.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

No, a coward is someone who posts comments like yours anonymously on a message board. At least they put their names on the stuff you deride.

7. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Some Iraqis are fighting bravely on the U.S. side. However, many are not and they have very ineffectual leadership. One problem the U.S. has had is in building a professional noncommissioned officer corps — the corporals and sergeants — who really run an army. That has hampered the progress in GTFO. Disbanding the Iraqi army right after the fall of Baghdad may have hurt - who knows. So many of those guys were either turned to charcoal briquets or just dropped their weapons, shed their uniforms and went home.
    If these guys are 82nd, they've probably been to Afghanistan, too.

8. Oh, come on, Jimmy.
    The schoolyard's closed,

9. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Have they badmouthed those soldiers yet, Fen?
    Tick tock.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

High standards in the sandbox.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Heard a guy on MSNBC say they shouldn't have written that because, How can you tell the troops that are just now getting to Iraq that?

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I think most of the trips going to Iraq for the first time know that they're being sent into a shit storm.

Draft saved Draft deleted