1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Activating a new cell phone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So we just ordered my wife a new cell phone from the Cingular new AT&T site. How difficult is it to activate it? Do I just put the old SIM card in the new phone and boom it's done?

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sometimes it is that easy. Other times, they replace the SIM card with a new one so you have to go through the whole setup process. That mostly entails calling up AT&T and telling them serial numbers and stuff.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I didn't have to do any of that. I got the phone and made my first call. Eventually, the other phone went unactive and the new one activated.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

With my latest AT&T phone, I just traded SIM cards and all my numbers and info was ready to go. I keep my old phone around in case the other one breaks. Unless you are starting a new plan, I'm pretty sure you can just switch SIM cards.

Draft saved Draft deleted