1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Act Like a Lady"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Up here in the Great White North, we once saw John Crosbie tell Sheila Copps to "pass the tequila Sheila, lay down and love me again."

Other Members of Parliament have also - during parliamentary proceedings, no less - called her a slut and a bitch.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What! Are you serious?

Why? Who is she?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's Starman. He adds nothing of value to anything.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And she retaliated to Crosbie's comments with her book, "Nobody's Baby". Always liked Sheila. She was, as they say, a "real broad".

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Specter is up by 21 in a Rasmussen poll conducted this week. In the general election, Rasmussen has him trailing Toomey by nine.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ahh, I see now in addition to SELECTIVE deletion of political threads, it's now open season for personal attacks.

heeee heeee heee. This should be good.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The truth is a pretty good defense for what he said.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As it was an absolute defense against for what I said, but we're only protecting fragile feelings on one side of the aisle these days.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think it will be interesting what happens here in November. Specter always seems to find a way to win and it is likely to happen again. He's the ultimate teflon candidate in so many ways.

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Bachmann does this kind of thing with regularity. She's used to the Hannitys and Becks of the world, where she just gets to blather on nonstop. She doesn't do as well in a format where she's challenged from the other side.

She needed to be called out for being rude and interrupting, but Spector now has unfortunately given her an excuse to play the victim card.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

In all honesty - do you think Specter knew where he was?

I'm not an agist (Is that a word) but Christ, half the time the guy sounds like he is senile and the other half he clearly IS senile.

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Actually, I thought Spector sounded half-lucid for a change. She repeatedly interrupted him, even after the "Lady" comment. He got frustrated. I believe he had brain surgery for cancer a few years back? I imagine that affected his speech.

And I think "ageist" is a word, yeah.

Again, Bachmann falters when she's not allowed to recite her talking points unfettered. "I voted for prosperity." Well, gee, that's nice, Michelle...

Draft saved Draft deleted